Monday, June 22, 2015

Artfully Sent Week!

Happy Monday!  It was a fun weekend around here with someone's birthday (who will remain nameless) and Father's Day!  Always the best of times when my daughters are at home!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend as well!

I was having some creative fun making some cards with my Cricut recently.  I totally LOVE the CTMH Exclusive Artfully Sent Cricut Cartridge and decided to share a photo of a different card each day this week!

Here's day #1!  

I love this beautiful design with the floral cutouts.  The booklet says to cut it 7", however, I cut it at 5 1/2" so when folded it's 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card.  I used White Daisy cardstock to cut the card base and then cut an extra 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" piece of white cardstock to sponge a variety of ink pad colors that would show through the cutouts giving the flowers, leaves and ribbon a soft look.  One might think I had a stencil to sponge the areas so they would line up under the cutouts in the card.  Actually, I just sponged in the areas I guessed would be under the cutout.  Then I would sponge another color next to it, etc.  If the colors overlapped a bit, that was ok.  

If you look closely, you'll see I added 3 little flowers that had been cut out back onto the card with a little 3-D Foam Tape to add a bit of dimension. 



Card shape is on page 38 of the Artfully Sent booklet.

Ink Pad colors for sponging: Thistle, Hollyhock, Canary, Glacier, Sweet Leaf

See you Tuesday for card #2!


1 comment: