Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Thin Cuts FuN!


 Time for a happy creative post! 
Love me some Close To My Heart Thin Cuts, especially 
when they are on sale! SCORE!

This pretty poppy card was inspired by a friend, Sara Batkin. 


How did I do this? 

Using a 3.75" x 5" White cardstock, I stamped the flower designs with Poppy ink first.  Next, I used a *mask to cover the flowers and add the leaves with Fern ink.  The cute little flower centers are stamped with black.

Let's cut letters!

I positioned the Y O U dies from the Block Alphabet Thin Cuts on top of the stamped cardstock 
and ran them through my Cuttlebug. Guess what?  Cool cut out letters just appeared!

About now, I attached the Black 4" x 5.25" cardstock piece to the White card base.

Next, I attached the stamped White piece onto the Black cardstock and popped up the cut out letters 
with 3D foam tape back into place!  Love it!

 

Let's finish up!

I added that cute little black “for” cut from Thankful for You dies using a Bonding Memories Glue Pen. Black Enamel Dots accents add a little bling and just a touch of Clear Shimmer Brush highlights those cool letters. Ta da! 

*Masking technique.  Stamp the two different flowers onto pieces of 3x3 post-its making sure part of each flower will have the sticky behind them.  Cut them out.  Now the magic happens.  Place each mask on the stamped flowers.  Ink the leaves and stamp them in place, part of the leave will be on the mask and the other will be on the cardstock. 
Remove the masks, and Ta Da....Magic!  It appears the leaves are under the flowers! 



This is an amazing sale!  Over 60 options and combinations of Thin Cut dies at 25% - 30% savings!  This special sale ends March 31.  Order soon, as some could sell out before the end of the month.

CLICK HERE to see the whole selection!

Thanks for taking a look!



No comments:

Post a Comment