Wednesday, June 6, 2018

A Bushel & a Peck Meets Dad is Rad

Let me introduce you to this adorable little gal! I call her Apple Girl and I love her! She's part of our super cute June Stamp of the Month - A Bushel & a Peck.



I thought it would be fun to make a Father's Day card with Apple Girl, so I paired her with the Dad is Rad stamp set.  Both are June exclusive sets, which means June is the only month you can get them!  So don't delay! 

Sadly, I don't have my dad to give a card to anymore. I was thinking back about all the cards I gave him over the 37 years I had with him. I probably hand made his Father's Day and Birthday cards for at least 30 of those years. The early ones were likely a simple piece of construction paper folded in half and decorated with some crayon art, but no matter how they may have looked, I know he loved them. I think he would've liked this one too.



I made two versions of the card. Here's the horizontal version. The background was created using a couple little stamps with two diamond shapes creating a surprisingly quick and easy argyle design.  



Would you like me to send this card to YOU?  
I'd love to!
Simply place a $20 order (before ship/tax) on my website: www.margi.ctmh.com 
When I receive notice that your order has been placed, I will pop one in the mail to you.  You can even let me which version you'd like, horizontal or vertical, AND if you'd like the sentiment in side to be for Father's Day or Birthday. (See the following photos)
While at my website, be sure to check out the Create the Rainbow promotion with 25% off cardstock, ribbon, and lots of accents! Save $ and get a cute card! Win - Win!


Available June 1 - 30.  $17.95 OR only $5 on a $50 order.
D1811 Dad is Rad stamp set $17.95.  Available through June 30th.

Dad is Rad is also part of a Workshop Kit: 11 sheets of cardstock including Gold Glitter Paper, White Burlap Ribbon, Gold Bow Accents and a downloadable instruction guide.  All that for only $29.95.  Use number CC51810

This set has LOTS of versatility! 
* Put a G in front of Rad and it becomes a Grad card.
* #1 could be for any celebration or achievement.  Even a 1st Birthday!
* Omit the word Dad and stamp Pal, Friend, Mom, Sister, Brother, Daughter, Son, Teacher...you get the idea.  Use an Alphabet stamp set to create any option! 
* The diamond background stamps would be adorable in pastel baby colors, holiday colors, even black and white would be striking. So easy to line up and stamp a great background!



A close up look at this little lady shows just how adorable she is all colored in! 
I used both ShinHan Touch Twin Markers and CTMH Watercolor Pencils.  

Being this card is for a guy, I didn't add any bling. I think since it's a girl giving her dad a card, I thought the Raspberry accents and hearts were just fine. Don't you?  


This vertical version had a bit more room for a larger Raspberry stitched heart. Did you notice I divided the sentiment with half of it above the heart and half below? Here's how: I covered the stamp with tape in the areas I didn't want to ink. I inked the areas I did want, then removed the tape and stamped it on the paper as normal. Works like a charm! 



The inside has Happy Father's Day, but could easily say Happy Birthday!


In this photo, you can see a comparison of the two cards. Which one do you like best? 

CTMH Supplies:
Stamp Pads: Crystal Blue, Sapphire, Raspberry 
ShinHan Touch Twin Markers: Pastel Peach, Clay, Cherry Pink, Marine Blue
CTMH Watercolor Pencils: Dutch Blue, Bubblegum





2 comments: