Friday, August 28, 2015

Painting for a Friend

I got out my paints and brushes today!  It had been quite awhile since I last painted, so I welcomed the chance to do some fun decorative painting.   It was a delightful afternoon!

The project is for my friend Diane and was a group effort from beginning to end!  It started here in our shed/woodshop with my husband building the shutter for another friend a few of years ago.  It didn't get used, so Diane acquired it and decided to jazz it up with some old embossed tin and fun paint colors.   Diane's son helped her cut some of the tin into the shape of a flower pot.


 After Diane had the base coats of paint on, it was my turn to add some summer flowers to one side of the shutter and a pumpkin, leaves and bittersweet to the other side for fall.  It will rest on an easel on Diane's front porch. 


You can see the pretty fabric which was the inspiration for the flowers.  I love the cheerful colors!




I can't wait for Diane to see it!   I hope she enjoys her new piece of porch decor for many summer and fall seasons to come!  I know I enjoyed the playtime with my paints and brushes!

No comments:

Post a Comment