Monday, October 12, 2015

Day #12 Pumpkin Gifts


I'm trying to remember how many years I've been painting happy faces on pumpkins each fall.  I am guessing it's about 34 years or so!  How can that be?  In the early days, I'd paint dozens in all sizes and shapes to sell.  After several years of mass producing painted pumpkins, I cut back and just created a few each year.  I'd give one to my mother-in-law and one to my sister's mother-in-law for their October Birthdays.  Both of these sweet ladies are gone now and I miss making them their special happy pumpkins.  I know they loved them as much as I loved creating them.


I now I get my paints out to make one for my cute little granddaughters.  It's Olivia's 2nd Birthday tomorrow, so I'll be surprising her with this little one.


 I've added some bug friends among the leaves and flowers.  I hope she has fun finding the bee, ladybugs, butterflies!





May your autumn be filled with lots of traditions and sweet memories.

See you tomorrow as the Halloween Countdown continues!


No comments:

Post a Comment