Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Day #7 - Boo EEK!

We're on Day #7 on our way to Halloween Day!  
I created this Happy Haunting 6" x 6" card with few of my favorite new products! 

The first step was creating the card background with the awesome CTMH Watercolor Paint set and Brushes!  I wanted a soft wash background so I completely wet the white cardstock with the largest brush using clean water.  Starting at the bottom,  I brushed on the Thistle colored paint gradually moving up the card as it lightened.  Next I picked up the darkest purple color and started in the center of the card and brushed moving further up the card until it faded to light purple.  I finished the painting technique by adding some black across the top of the card and let it fade downward.


After the paint dried, I stamped some Ink Blots with Whisper ink 
around the edges or the card creating a little texture.
Next I jazzed up the edges with a lined border with the Journaling Pen.


I finished this spooky card with the help of my trusty Cricut Explore and the wonderful CTMH Exclusive Artistry Cartridge!  The Happy Haunting overlay design is found on page 45 and cut at 5" tall.  A few clear sparkles colored with a ShinHan Warm Grey marker gave the ghost and bat eyes a little spooky glow!  Other finishing touches include three colors of Silver Shimmer Trim and Thistle Extra Thick Twine.


Supplies:
Ink Blot Stamp Set, Whisper Stamp Pad
White Daisy and Black Cardstock
Watercolor Paint and Brush Sets
CTMH Artistry Cricut Cartridge
Clear Sparkles, WG7 Warm Grey ShinHan Touch Twin Marker
Thistle Extra Thick Twine
Silver, Pink and Black Shimmer Trim

No comments:

Post a Comment