Friday, October 30, 2015

Day #29 Mixed Media Photo Canvas

Day #29 is a mixed media canvas project I've wanted to create for a couple of years.  I finally sat down the other day and did it!  Actually, I made two, one as a gift for my sister and one for myself.  The project features one my all-time favorite Halloween pictures!  It was an early morning photo taken in 1966 as my sis and I were on our way to school.  I was in 1st grade and she was in 6th.  This was the only year we were ever in the in the same school, which happened to be a little country school with 15 or so kids in all six grades!  
It was sort of "Little House on the Prairie" in rural Minnesota!

 On a 6x8 stretched canvas, I used acrylic paints, Nevermore patterned paper, glitter paper, Mod-Podge, and assorted accents.  

I cut a pumpkin face stencil with my CTMH Artiste Cricut Cartridge and stenciled little golden, glowing faces on the sides of the canvas along free hand checkerboard and spider web designs.


The bottom has a row of little Goldrush and Sunset pumpkins and a Black Glitter paper spider cut with the CTMH Artbooking Cricut Cartridge.  I painted detail on the pumpkins after they were Mod-Podged onto the canvas.

I finished up this fun mixed media canvas with some Sparkles, Black Enamel Stars and retired Haunted Assortments.

See you tomorrow for #30 and #31 as I complete the Halloween Countdown!




1 comment:

  1. Photo Canvas Collage prints are the ideal way to display lots of your stunning images without buying masses of bulky picture frames or cluttering up the house. With the use of smartphones and readily available digital cameras, we have become a nation of amateur photographers, using Instagram to capture our favourite moments. Out of this we now have some incredible photographs we are sure to treasure forever; the problem is there are just too many of them, making the task almost impossible when
    choosing images to display in our homes

    ReplyDelete